Tuesday, March 25, 2014

F.I.V.E.



How is it that my little baby boy is going to be five next week?  I always said that he’d be a baby until 5. From there, things change. I’m having a hard time with this realization and what it means. And no, I’m not having another baby. Up until now, the cuddles are endless. My boy can run around the house naked. I can continuously pinch his “tushy butt”. We shower together. I know it’s just a matter of time before these things are inappropriate.  When I hold him in my lap, he’s just a little too oversized. It’s a matter of time before I won’t be able to hold him in my lap anymore. I won’t be able to carry him. Not to mention how awkward it would look to be carrying a big boy around. At some point he will realize that it’s not cool to hold your mom’s hand in public. That kissing your mom on the lips is “gross”.  He will no longer run across his classroom and jump into my arms when he sees me come pick him up from school each day.  I'm sad but I know that there are so many great things to come. That we are going to continue to have so much fun together, but I secretly hope that my boy will always want to snuggle and that he won’t ever think kissing his mommy on the lips is gross.

Just a few hours old

ONE - Sock Monkey Birthday

TWO - Circus Party

THREE - All Aboard!

FOUR - Argh...Captain Jayden!




And FIVE....Wait for it.

1 comment: