Saturday, January 18, 2014

Staring at a Blank Wall

So I stared at this wall for seven weeks. 
It had been seven weeks since we had moved into our new house and I had a blank wall.  I know. I know.  Some of you are thinking, “I’ve been in my house for seven years and still have unpacked boxes!”  We all know I’m crazy like that I need everything done. Like yesterday.

So, I started my journey to find the perfect piece for this wall. 
After all, I had these piling up in my wallet from holiday gifts!

Well, with no luck at any of those stores, it became apparent that I would actually have to continue on my search to find the perfect something. I hit up every store I could think of. Home Goods, Target, Pier One, Z Gallery, you name it. And nothing. 

And then a friend gave me an idea.  Make something!  Brilliant. Why didn’t I think of that?  The idea was to use wrapping paper (not just any wrapping paper, but fancy wrapping paper) and frame it.  Not only did my friend come up with the idea, she actually went to Paper Source and picked out paper for me based on my living room style and colors! And bought it for me for my birthday! 
(Super nice wrapping paper is not cheap!)


The next step was to head to Aaron Brothers.  Thankfully, it was the time of year when they have their One Cent Frame Sale!  Woo hoo!  I picked up mats and frames and was ready to get one step closer to a completed wall!

Seriously, the hardest part was deciding which part of the wrapping paper to use! Once that was done, I cut each sheet down, matted it and put it in the frame.  
And…tada!




I’m kinda in love with my wall.
Oh, and I still have one sheet of paper left. So I'm sure you'll be seeing another wrapping paper project sometime in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment