When we bought our house a few months ago, we knew that the master bath would be on the remodel list. However, it's pretty far down the list that it won't get a real make-over for at least a few years. I woke up yesterday and decided that if we are going to live with it as is, that it would at least need a little face lift. We started with this...
Fortunately we had already removed the 20 year old purple carpet and replaced it with dark hardwood. There was no way that I would even set one foot on that carpet so it was done the day before we moved in. Today's project list included the following:
We patched a few places behind where the middle mirror was as well as over the hole from the phone and the towel rack over the toilet. While the patch was drying, I taped off the rest of the bathroom to get ready for painting. I had a full can of gray paint from the old house and I was just looking for a place to slap it on the walls. The bathroom was perfect because it was the same gray as the accent tiles throughout the bathroom.
Once painted, I headed out to TJ Maxx Home Goods. I love that place! I picked up a basket, piece of art, candle and hand towel. By the time I got back, the paint had dried so I put on the finishing touches and pulled off the painter's tape while Brian replaced the old electrical switches with new ones and also added 2 new outlets. We still need a cover (because we can't ever remember everything when we go to Home Depot!) I am loving my "new" bathroom and think I'll be ok waiting to do a full remodel. Or, maybe we won't need to!
Fortunately we had already removed the 20 year old purple carpet and replaced it with dark hardwood. There was no way that I would even set one foot on that carpet so it was done the day before we moved in. Today's project list included the following:
- remove mirrors and replace with in-wall medicine cabinets
- remove phone and patch wall (yes, there was a phone in the bathroom)
- hang blinds
- hang picture over toilet
- paint bathroom
- hang small towel rack
- upgrade electrical/add 2 more outlets
- purchase a few accent items
We patched a few places behind where the middle mirror was as well as over the hole from the phone and the towel rack over the toilet. While the patch was drying, I taped off the rest of the bathroom to get ready for painting. I had a full can of gray paint from the old house and I was just looking for a place to slap it on the walls. The bathroom was perfect because it was the same gray as the accent tiles throughout the bathroom.
Once painted, I headed out to TJ Maxx Home Goods. I love that place! I picked up a basket, piece of art, candle and hand towel. By the time I got back, the paint had dried so I put on the finishing touches and pulled off the painter's tape while Brian replaced the old electrical switches with new ones and also added 2 new outlets. We still need a cover (because we can't ever remember everything when we go to Home Depot!) I am loving my "new" bathroom and think I'll be ok waiting to do a full remodel. Or, maybe we won't need to!
and a final side by side comparison...



No comments:
Post a Comment